Where to #eatLARGE
Where to #eatLARGE
***This is going to be a list of every place I personally think you need to eat. I've traveled a lot over the years and have built a decent list, but I'm not even close to done eating, so please send recommendations to: email@example.com (my personal IG @livexlarge contains a lot of these spots if you do some digging)***
- Al's Deli & Grill - this place is the home of the "baker" - basically the largest potato you've ever seen baked and covered with an absurd amount of toppings
- Nick recommends: BBQ chicken baker - chicken, bacon, BBQ sauce, cheese, sour cream
- New Haven
- Frank Pepe's - the OG New Haven Pizza spot
- Nick recommends: standard pepperoni - don't stray from a classic at a classic spot
- Modern Apizza - my personal favorite New Haven pizza spot - more topping options than Pepe's, and the same quality pizza.
- Nick recommends: meatball and cherry peppers - the next level toppings that Pepe's doesn't have
- Leonard's Bakery - fried and filled to order malasadas - think a very good version of a Chinese restaurant donut
- Nick recommends: haupia (coconut custard) with cinnamon sugar on the outside
- Marukame Udon - udon noodles are made in front of you and in addition to the udon, they have a huge selection of tempura everything
- Giordano's Pizza - everyone always wants to know, and this is my favorite Chicago deep dish. It's better than Lou's. Fight me.
- Nick recommends: meatballs as a topping - cuts down the topping:cheese ratio to a perfect level
- Pequod's Pizza - a very unique style deep dish pizza with a caramelized cheese crust. This is my actual favorite pizza in Chicago.
- Small Cheval - one of my favorite burgers in America - this is the less stuffy and fancy little brother to Au Cheval
- Nick recommends - house style burger with fries and a vanilla shake (tons of garlic aioli for the fries)